Design Of Industrial Floor Slabs
Ringo and robert b.
Design of industrial floor slabs. These design methods tend to be conservative and so the slabs produced are relatively thick and so assessment of deflections and other in service requirements has not been necessary. The base floor may also be comprised of a mud or structural foundation slab complete with waterproofing and wearing slab with the overall system designed to carry structural hydrostatic pressure loads and maintain a controlled environment. The two design options are a ground bearing slab or a pile supported suspended slab.
Industrial floor designresidential concrete slabs often have few design requirements to get between the contractor and completion of the job. Most commonly used soil parameter in the design of concrete pavements and slabs on grade. If consolidation of plastic soils is determined to be a potential problem a suspended slab may be the only effective solution in which the floor slab is built on piles or between ground beams.
The design of suspended floors should conform to requirements of aci 318 and aci 421 1r. The design of slabs on ground should conform to the recommendations of aci 360r. Information on other aspects su ch as materials construction methods placement of concrete and finishing techniques is.
Both design types can be reinforced with steel mesh or fibers or can be post tensioned. Traditionally ground supported floor slabs have been designed by elastic methods using equations developed by westergaard in the 1920s that are still widely used. Modulus of sub grade reaction.
Each method has particular loading conditions and slab types for which it s most effective. The use of the k value is appropriate for the design of pavements and floor slabs that do not support columns or loadbearing walls. Anderson key factors to consider include type of slab construction and loading conditions industrial floor designs usually are based on one or more of the five design methods.
Design is defined as the decision making process of planning sizing detailing and developing specifications preceding construction of slabs on ground. Basis of floor slab on grade design 2 1. Stresses in floor slabs on grade resulting from vehicular loads are a function of floor.
- Grand Design Rv Fifth Wheel Floor Plans
- Grand Design 312bhts Floor Plan
- Graduation Caps Decor Ideas Pot Heads
- Grand Design 375 Res Floor Plan
- Graduation Decorations Colors White Black And Gold Ideas
- Grain Design Custom Hardwood Flooring
- Granada Kitchen Cabinets And Floor
- Grand Design 2600rb Floor Plan
- Grand Design Imagine 2500rl Floor Plan
- Graham Cracker Gingerbread House Decorating Ideas
- Graduation Cap Decoration Ideas For Nursing
- Graduation Cap Decoration Ideas With Best Friend
- Grand Design Fifth Wheel Floor Plans
- Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel Floor Plans
- Graduation Cap Decoration Ideas Funny Eeyore
- Grain Design Flooring
- Graduation Cap Decoration Ideas This One S For You
- Graduation Decoration Ideas With Mason Jars
- Graduation Cap Decoration Ideas For Guys
- Graduation Party Decoration Ideas University Of Michigan